// Himalayan Outdoors Youth Leadership Camps
Your children need freedom, space and a challenging environment to come out with the best within them. You will be surprised as to what your child is capable of achieving.
These team building programmes in IGA Himalayan Outdoors Youth Leadership camps can last from three to five days depending on your schools budget and requirements.
These unique team building programme (TBP) programmes are conducted out in our base camp at Shivpuri (Rishikesh), and are structured around the following objectives:-
- Creating mental and physical challenges for individuals.
- Develop personal qualities, leadership, and organizational and planning skills.
- Team building,Decision amking and problem solving.
- Mission/task orientation & Creative thinking.
- Development of analytical skills and an understanding personality strengths and weakness.
- Develop trust among participants.
- Self assessment and personal responsibility.
- Providing an alien but productive challenging environment for participants to perform at optimum capacities.
Below are examples of some of the training activities:
Raft Building and Ferry Exercise
Participants will be given the following equipment and they have o innovate and construct a worthy and usable raft to accomplish a given goal.
Each team will be given a complete sophisticated tent with fly sheet, wrapped in a tent bag. They will not be shown a prototype. They shall have to erect the tent entirely on their own, which sounds easy but is not. This activity is ideal for judging group dynamics and reactions. Very good for team building and identifying potential leaders in a group.
Group divided in 2 teams. Both teams start simultaneously from opposite ends of the trail. The participants will be briefed on different types of forests: geographical locations; given basic introduction to tacking; identification of spoor; bird watching and calls; flora and vegetation. Group members will be asked to collect specimens of flowers leaves etc for further orientation. Groups cross each other midway. Exchange notes and ideas.
Rock climbing and Rappelling courses are conducted under strict supervision. Participants are taught to overcome their fear of heights and be innovative in their methods for climbing keeping the basic safety structure in mind. Safety and belays are provided to members, thus developing a sense of trust between them.
Cliff Jump and Rescue
The simple exercise in overcoming fear and trusting team mates. Each member in turn jumps off a meter high cliff into the water. The reamioning team members conduct an exercise in mock rescue techniques.
The course is designed so as to include host of activities involving maximum team participation in activities in a relay system. The oder of activities conducted will be as follows:
- 75mtrs run includes beach running and a dune jump.
- Three-legged race on the sand.
- Snake race.
- Raft race and team paddling efforts.
- Kayak and swimming race.
- The olympis will end with a Tug-Of-War and beach volleyball match between teams.
Test the time and blast off... Rock the raft and glide with pride. Warm culture & hot Paddling