// Rafting in Brahmaputra
The Brahmaputra is one of India’s most exciting raftable rivers, and one of the most popular, with an impressive line up of full-on white water action.The expedition on the great Brahmaputra begins once we land at the Dibnugarg domestic airport. From Dibnugarh transfer are made to Tuting in another 02 Days time, where Tsang Po, the name given to it in Tibet, takes on the name Siang in Arunachal Pradesh. This trip starts with simple grade two cascades, and gradually builds up to thundering grade five rapids of the 'Pulsating Pulsi' and 'Toothfairy' at Cherring.
The Brahmaputra is pure adrenaline, and is tackled by thousands of people each year. Stunning tree-lined gorges, turbulent rapids and breathtaking drops add up to top whitewater action!
The Great Brahmaputra is for anyone who is looking for an exhilarating rafting and kayaking expedition and will be rewarded with an unforgettable life time experience.
Trip Itinerary at Brahmaputra River
- Day 01 : Starting at New Delhi's Domestic Airport, the group will fly from New Delhi Domestic Airport to Dibrugarh, Assam. From airport transfers to the Hotel/rest house. Welcome briefing after we check-in followed by Dinner. Overnight Dibrugarh.
- Day 02 : Cross the river in ferry. If lucky, can get a glimpse of fresh water Dolphins while crossing the river. Transfers in Jeep to Pasighat where we check into a hotel/rest house and enroute picnic lunch. Overnight in Pasighat.
- Day 03 : Transfers in Jeeps to put-in near Yingkiong. Have a traditional tribal meal in a bamboo bungalow on the way. Evening arrival in Yingkiong. Overnight in Yingkiong.
- Day 04 : Today we travel to Tuting. One reaches Tuting in the evening, pitches camp and enjoys a hot dinner around a campfire and then hit the sleeping bags.
- Day 05 : This is the day we have been waiting for, the first day of the river run. The Brahmaputra in all its glory gives one an experience on its grade 4 rapids with the 'Ninguing' rapid and then 'Pulsating Pulsi' further below Palsi Village. We reach Pango in the afternoon and set up camp. Dinner around the campfire is never quiet on this evening as there are plenty of experiences and adventures of the day to share and relive.
- Day 06 : Paddle from Pango to Cherring today. One begins the journey by paddling to the enormous Pango rapid. Then we move on to the Ninguing and Marmong canyon. Discover a land virtually untouched by civilization and enjoy the experience of being in one of the world's most remote jungle canyons. The virgin forests that surround us create the perfect setting for the exhilarating 'Rikor' and 'Zebra Rock' rapids. Set up camp for the day, by the 'Toothfairy' so that we can see what is to come the next day!
- Day 07 : We walk around the 'Toothfairy' - a grade 6 rapid; to make our way out of the Marmong gorge. We encounter and negotiate grade 4 rapids such as the 'Hairy Hari', 'Broken Oar' and lots more. Set up camp below Ramsingh.
- Day 08 : Begin the day with a float trip to the 'Moying Madness' that is sure to get your adrenalin pumping on a grade 4+ rapid. The section below is comparatively mellow, till one reaches Nubo. The 'Karo Killer' brings us to Geku, where we pitch camp. Enjoy evening stories as we sit around the campfire.
- Day 09 : Enjoy the gushing sound of the river as it gently awakens you. This is a relaxed day and one can choose to hike in the hills that surround us, go kayaking on the river or just laze around the camp.
- Day 10 : Float trip is the call for the day and it takes you past many Adi tribal settlements. We will also pass the confluence of the Brahmaputra and Siyom. Watch the world pass by you gently and enjoy the sights and sounds of Yembung and Rotung village. Rotung is our stop for the day and we reach in time for lunch. Refresh your body and mind with a dip in the water in the fresh water spring and get ready to head back to the urban world.
- Day 11 : Raft from Rotung to Pasighat. We enter the last whitewater section on the Brahmaputra before it flows into the plains. The river looks more voluminous now, and offers a different charm than what we saw in the last few days. Stay overnight in a hotel at Pasighat.
- Day 12 : We bid farewell to Pasighat and take a ferry to Dibrugarh from Boghiwheel Ghat. The flight from Dibrugarh gets us back to Delhi with memories and stories to last until your next trip on the Brahmaputra.
Test the time and blast off... Rock the raft and glide with pride. Warm culture & hot Paddling