// Rafting in Bhagirathi
Duration 5 days
Grade III & IV
Minimum no. of Pax: 08
This section of the river the bhagirathi is a challenging, beautiful and less traveled part of the river. More difficult than the other sections of river, it requires paddlers to be attentive and active in the rafts. During higher flows, the majority of the rocks are covered with water creating waves and hydraulics all around. The scale of the walls and rocks found on the river will make you feel very small. Regardless of your experience on the water, this stretch is sure to make lasting memories for years to come. We raft down lower Bhagirathi gorge (mostly Grades 3 and 4) with rapids like "Elephant Rock", "The Chute", "Sharp S", "Confluence Rapids" and many more, till its confluence with the Alaknada at devprayag to form the Ganga. A must-do if you are looking for a great river run in Asia.
- Day 01 : Drive 5hrs from Delhi to IGA Base Camp Silver on the banks of the Ganga (Beyond Rishikesh). Overnight at the base camp. We pass through the sugarcane belt of India and reach the holy town of Rishikesh where the Ganga river enters the plains. We check into camp, which is located on a large sandy beach on the Banks of the Ganga river-briefing on Camp, its activities and trip to follow. Campfire dinner and overnight at Camp.
- Day 02 : After breakfast, raft down big volume Ganga whitewater, Raft down rapids like "Three Blind Mice", "Crossfire", "Bodysurfing", "Return to Sender", "Roller Coaster", "Golf Course" and lots more. We end the trip near Laxman Jhula. Drive 30 monutes back to camp for hot lunch. Afternoon pack up for the trip, take a short hike or just relax.
- Day 03 : An early morning transfer to our starting point below the Paindas dam on the Bhagirathi. Continue down river negotiating more Grade III+ rapids. A short lunch break, back on the river as it enters its second gorge section with continuous Grade II & IV rapids including a small waterfall towards the end of the gorge. Rapids keep coming culminating in a couple of continuous Grade IV's at the confluence at Devprayag. Camp at Beas Ghat, 10kms below the confluence, famous fishing spot for the 'mahseer', also called Ganga Gold. Campfire dinner and overnight at Camp.
- Day 04 : An easy day with small rapids. Great day to relax, soak in the sun, bodysurf and bird-watch. Raft till Camp Silver Sands a few kms below Kaudiyala after negotiating two Grade IV rapids, "Daniels Dip" and "The Wall". Distance covered in approx.35kms.
- Day 05 : Relaxed day - take a short hike, swim, kayak, play volleyball or relax. After lunch, transfer back top Delhi. Trip ends.
Test the time and blast off... Rock the raft and glide with pride. Warm culture & hot Paddling